Follow on Bloglovin|
Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Same but Different

Hello!  Thank you for stopping by.  We have a couple of kids birthday parties this weekend and I thought I would share the cards that I made for them.  They are as the title to this post suggests the same but different!  Let me explain, I got my CTMH Lolly Doodle card workshop kit the other day and I can not wait to dig into it and my CTMH LollyDoodle Scrapbooking kit which I also can not wait to dig into later tonight.  I love the cards that are included in the kit, so I decided to use the sketch for one of the cards to make by birthday cards.  I used the same sketch for both but as you will see they are both completely different.
The first card is for my daughters friend who is turning 10 and loves owls:

I used Basic Grey pattern paper and cardstock on a CTMH card base.  I used the You're a Hoot stamp set to stamp the owl, the sentiment was done with the Fringed Phrases stamp set, the heart is from the stamp set that comes in the kit, all of these were stamped with CTMH Gypsy ink.  The border around the owl is from the kits stamp set and was stamped with CTMH Pear ink.  To embellish this card I stamped the arrows with gypsy ink and a stamp from the kit.  A small piece of shimmer trim and purple glitter gems finished off the whole thing.
Here is a close up of the owl and embellishment.  Shimmer Trim is one of the worlds greatest inventions!  

And now for the second card which is for a boy who is turning 3.  I used the same sketch and cutting guide as the first card:
Here I used one of my favorite retired CTMH paper packs, Rough and Tumble.  I stocked up before it retired and think I may have a lifetime supply!  Anybody else guilty of doing things like this?  HAHA!  I kept this card a little more simple, the car embellishment is a sticker from the paper pack that I adhered to cardstock and then cut it out.  I used foam tape to stick it to the card for a little dimension.  The sentiment is from the fringed phrases stamp set, stamped with dutch blue ink, and then I added some buttons just for fun!

That is all for now, be sure and check out my website.  There are lots of great card and scrapbook  workshops on the go that include great sketches that you can use again and again!  I am going to start assembling my Lollydoodle card kit tonight, I will share the finished project with you later!





No comments:

Post a Comment