Follow on Bloglovin|
Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Friday!

It is finally Friday, we survived the latest snow storm here in the Northeast and I hear there is another one coming tomorrow! sigh!
Today is also Valentines Day, I hope everyone has a very Happy Valentines Day and you get to spend some quality time with the one that you love.  This brings me to the first thing I wanted to share with you today, the Valentine that I made for my Valentine, my wonderful hubby!  When it comes to cards, I typically use a sketch or scraplift and add my own personal touches.  I did something a little different with this one, no sketch and no scraplifting!  Instead I challenged myself to come up with a card that used no more than three different techniques.  What I came up with was a card with two techniques, matting and heat embossing!  Yay for me, here it is:


This card was made using all CTMH products.  The stamp set I used was Hearthrob, the card and mats are made from white daisy and cranberry cardstock.  I used clear embossing powder to emboss the first cranberry mat with a flourish from the stamp set, and silver embossing powder to emboss the top cranberry mat.  
The second thing I have to share is a birthday card I made for my nieces birthday, my family has lots of birthdays in March and April so I figured I would get a head start:

The little princess is turning 5 this year, so I thought it was appropriate that her card have a princess front and center!  The princess was from the Happy Endings stamp set.  I stamped it on white daisy cardstock.  I colored the skin with copics markers and the rest with ctmh exclusive inks alcohol markers.  I used the CTMH birthday stamp for the sentiment.  The patterned paper is and oldie but goodie from CTMH that I stocked up on before it was retired called Day Dream.  I topped it off with color ready ribbon and some clear sparkles, because after all it is all about the bling!  That's it I hope she likes it.
I have one more thing to share with you today, I got my later sk8r picture my life kit from the new spring/summer ctmh catalog and I couldn't wait to use it.  I am telling you, you have to get one of these.  I tried to get into the whole project life thing because I loved the idea of doing something with all those extra pictures that we all take that don't make the traditional scrapbook, but I just wasn't feeling the love!  These new picture my life kits from ctmh are a whole different story, same concept but done so much better!  They all coordinate with ctmh paper packs, they all use the ctmh color pallet they are such good value.  I am going to put these layouts in my traditional scrapbooks to get all those extra pictures in the book!  Here are the layouts I did last night.  

this first one uses the 12 X 12 page as well as one with one of the included memory protector and cards.  I did mat these pictures with some plain project life 4 x 6 cards due to these pictures being an odd size.

One great thing about these kits is there are not a million repeats of the same card designs, so you can make your layout unique.

This is the backside of one of my pages that I haven't completed yet, when I do this layout I can cover some of the cards with pictures and then it will be done!  Very simple very easy! 


Here is the last one.  I can't believe how fast these went together and how great they look!  As I said this is a great way to catch up and to use extra pictures.  

I am going to get a couple more of these kits to have on hand for my daughters scrapbook and the family scrapbook.  
That is all I have for today I hope everyone has a great weekend and a very Happy Valentines Day!
Chow for now!
                                                                       
                                                                   
                                 


No comments:

Post a Comment