Follow on Bloglovin|
Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Happy Birthday Baby!

Hey there!  Hope everybody is having a great day today!  After a slight snow setback yesterday I am happy to report that it looks like spring may actually come to New England this year!  Yay!  
It was my wonderful husband's birthday a few days ago.  I had my usual dilemma when making a card for a guy.  I have so many ideas and sketches that suit girls but always seemed to get stumped when it comes to male cards.  Anyway with the help of my trusty Cuttlebug machine I came up with this:
What red blooded male doesn't love diamond plate?  To do the diamond plate, I simply covered a piece of  cardstock with aluminum duct tape that I "borrowed" from my husbands work truck.  (This is sold in all Home Depot type stores it is used on dryer vents and things like that).  Then I ran the covered piece of cardstock through the cuttlebug with my diamond plate embossing folder and there you have it!  This technique is great for cutting out thin metal tags and accents as well.
Here is a close up of the brads I used to attach the sentiment.  The stamps and cardstock were all from my CTMH stash of course!
That is all I have for now, I hope you like this card and are inspired to go an create something!


No comments:

Post a Comment